Student years are the happiest, according to almost 100% of former students. However, many of those who think so cannot but agree that this time is also the most complicated. Many students probably fail to make everything in time. In this case, let a good service writer lend you a hand with academic assignments while you are dealing with your curriculum.
Renting an apartment or paying for a dormitory, living expenses, and tuition is almost always covered by the parents. But at this age, you want to feel free. And for many students, it lies in a substantial amount of finance that neither parents nor a part-time job can provide. So how to save money in college? Our tips on saving money will help you control your funds better so that you have free money for something significant and necessary every month.
Money Saving Tips
If you are still wondering how to save money fast, here are the 15 saving ideas that we have listed among our college budgeting tips that may help:
- So one of the best ways to save money is to start cooking - This will help you save a lot on your visits to cafes and restaurants. And the food you cook yourself is healthier and more delicious. If you still want to celebrate a memorable date or spend time with a noisy company of friends, try to buy drinks in stores and relax at home. Then you will not have to overpay in establishments because the prices for food and alcohol in bars and restaurants are higher than in the nearest convenience store or in a hypermarket.
- Another trick to save money is to bring your lunch - Lunch boxes do not take up much space in your carry-on luggage, and meals that were stored in the refrigerator overnight do not spoil from morning to lunch. For example, salads dressed with mayonnaise can be stored for up to five hours out of the refrigerator, fried or stewed meat, and chicken for up to six. It is more profitable to carry lunch with you, even if you do not know how to cook and use semi-finished products.
- Walk More - It is a popular point among all cheap living tips. Spending on taxis, gasoline, or using car rentals doesn’t sound that nice if you compare it all to spending time having some fresh air. Additionally, you can save on a subscription to a fitness club. If you are a student, then your trip to the university is worth a penny. This is a perfect way to cut your expenses.
- Do proper save money planning by paying attention to different discounts, sales, or promotions. When it comes to food, you need to pay attention because the expired goods may harm your health. Talking about the looks, you can still look good buying something for less money.
- Student life is unthinkable without some proper rest - nightclubs, cinema, and other types of entertainment. Saving money every week won’t allow you to spend some quality time, but if you arrange something for yourself a few times a month, it won’t do any harm. The entertainment can be cheap and allow you to enjoy yourself without spending a lot of money, so that you could still stick to the saving money plan.
- Moving on with the money saving life hacks - You need to find the correct way to manage your finances. Try to divide the sum you have for a month equally for each week and do not spend more than you have. But try not to carry all the sum you have for a month. You won’t even notice how all the big bills become smaller and smaller.
- If you buy food from the market, rather than from the supermarkets, you can bargain with the vendors, saving you some money.
- Making a shopping list for a month - Such a simple way of saving is contemptuously rejected by many, but in vain. Buying from the list, first of all, you are more or less insured against impulsive purchases (like a massive pack of chips, M & Ms for the promotion, and a bucket of ice cream that you will eat on the very first evening). It is these expenses that subtly undermine the budget. Secondly, you take the food you need in the right amount.
- Before deciding to buy a book, check out if it’s available on the Web. Now you can download a lot of literature for free. In case you couldn’t find anything, you can always use the library.
- Share an apartment with your friends - This is probably the best way to save for college. Living in a hostel is not suitable for all students, and renting an apartment in a big city will cost a pretty penny. But there’s no reason to be upset: you can always offer some good friends to share an apartment. Although they will remotely resemble a hostel, the conditions in such housing will be more free space here.
- Finding a part-time job - A full-time job is usually not beneficial to students’ academic performance. However, you are unlikely to be able to live on one scholarship. Job websites and recruiting agencies can help you find the right job. Temporary work will make it easier to adapt to adult life conditions and hone the professional skills acquired at the university.
- Save up getting rid of unnecessary things - Freshmen who have just entered their student days strive to save money just like you. You have accumulated many textbooks, lecture notes, and materials for preparing for exams during your studies. Young students are full of the excitement of youthful maximalism and the desire to gain knowledge in all possible ways, so they will gladly buy things from you.
- One more saving advice that is not that obvious is to choose your credit cards wisely - If you cannot avoid the debt, choose a credit card with an interest-free period, with monthly interest on the balance of funds, with the ability to receive discounts in stores when paying with this card. And never delay your monthly payments. The longer you “stretch” your credit card debt, the more it costs you. Interest rates on consumer loans are high. Try to pay off the monthly payment as high as possible. And never take loans in the future. Student loans are a giant trap that will ruin all your money saving techniques.
- Cashback platforms - This is one of the easy ways to save money. When you pay for purchases online, it is almost always possible to get some of the money back using cashback services. Cashback appeared to tie a client to himself, providing him with additional “buns”. It works roughly like bonus points awarded for purchase - only instead of bonuses, you get real money. Sometimes the share reaches 30%: companies are ready to work with zero or negative, to get a client.
- Fitness app - There is always no money and free time for students. So here is the last of our money tips. Most young people, of course, want to look good. What if there is no way to visit the fitness club? Download the 7 Minute Workout application (IOS, Android), which allows you to perform a set of seven-minute exercises at home without special equipment.
By following all these simple rules, you will learn the best ways to save money fast, know how to use it properly, and even put it in your stash. This will bring many rewarding experiences in the future.